By Cindy Cade
Intermediate Stamping Team Designer
I have several different sized tins that hold smaller tins for storage. This is one of them. I think it made a lovely keepsake Christmas gift box for my little girl, don’t you? It was perfect for a necklace I made for her too.
FSVW-3BL Basket of Love (Faerie Song Art Stamps)
Classic Scalloped Rectangles Megabilities (Spellbinders Paper Arts)
Dahlia Nestabilities (Spellbinders Paper Arts)
Beige embossing silicone mat (Spellbinders Paper Arts)
Big Shot (Sizzix)
Memento tuxedo Black ink pad (Tsukineko)
Heat-It craft tool (Ranger Industries)
Stazon Blazing Red (Tsukineko)
Galaxy Marker Milky Way White (American Crafts)
Matte Finish 1311 (Krylon)
Aluminum Pop Can
Xyron 850 Create a Sticker (Xyron)
Paper piercing tool
Clean your pop cans and carefully trim. Edges can be sharp! Flatten.
3. Color with Sharpie markers. Try to stay away from the black stamped lines as they can bleed.
4. Color white areas with Galaxy Milky Way White. Dry.
5. Seal with Krylon Matte Finish.
6. Cut with the second largest Megabilities scalloped rectangle. Run through again with silicone mat (per instructions) to emboss edge. Before removing from die, take your Sharpie marker and trace the inside of scalloped edge.
8. Add blue marker to bottom flower by rubbing color on your finger (or cosmetic sponge) and quickly spreading from center of flower to the outside petals.
9. Cut slits in between flower petals and roll back with pencil to give a bit of an under-curl. Pinch the tips of the largest flower.
10. Punch hole in centers (I used a paper piercing tool) and add a paper fastener.
12. Run stamped piece through Xyron and adhere to tin.
13. Attach bow with foam tape.
For more go to:
Etha's Fairies Tin
Judy's Decorative Clock
Peggie's Music Box