By Cindy Cade
Intermediate Stamping Team Designer
Cat lovers; either we know one or we are one. Here’s a little gift that’s sure to bring a smile.
FSVW-1KF Kitty Fae (Faerie Song Art Stamps)
FS-11CIP - A Cat Is a Puzzle (Faerie Song Art Stamps)
Cuttlebug A2 D'vine Swirl embossing folder (Provocraft)
Cat die (Spellbinders Paper Arts)
Beige embossing silicone mat (Spellbinders)
Puzzle Maker Die (Sizzix)
Big Shot (Sizzix)
Vellex Craft Ribbon (Berwick Industries LLC)
White and yellow ochre cardstock (Hollos)
Background paper (Spellbinders)
Decorating Chalks (Craft-T Products)
Dove Blender (Dove Brushes)
Round It All ½” (Zutter Innovative Products)
Memento tuxedo Black ink pad (Tsukineko)
Adirondack Expresso ink pad (Ranger Industries)
Xyron 850 Create a Sticker (Xyron)
Computer, scanner and Printer
1. Stamp Kitty Fae on white card stock with black ink. Dry.
2. Color with Craft-T chalks using a Dove Blender. The blender will make the colors pop and set them as well.
3. Copy image and bring into any program to resize. Mine is 1.96 inches wide. I also mirrored the image to make it just a tad more challenging for matching the easy puzzle. Print on plain copy paper and trim.
4. Cut background paper to fit your tin. Round corners and adhere the small Kitty Fae as shown. Stamp your saying. Dry. Run through Xyron. Remove clear plastic protective top but leave backing on. Emboss with D'vine Swirl embossing folder in the die cut machine. Remove protective backing and attach to top of tin.
5. Cut background paper to fit to side of tin. Stamp randomly with Expresso to create a pattern for visual interest and continuity. Run through Xyron and attach.
6. For Puzzle: Run stamped image through Big Shot with embossing folder.
7. Adhere (Xyron) the now embossed stamped Kitty Fae to heavy duty cardstock. I used a cover weight duplex with white on front and black on the back. Cut with Puzzle die.
8. Cut the two cats, one from white cardstock the other from the ribbon. Ink your embossing folder and run the cardstock die through your machine. Adhere to background paper to fit inside top of tin. Then attach to tin.
9. Place one piece of puzzle in bottom of tin. Add a trimmed piece of paper to fit tin and fold the rest of the puzzle within. Now they will be missing a piece which, of course they will find when the look further. (Wink)
Now give it to your cat loving friend and make their day!
For more go to:
Etha's Fairies Tin
Judy's Decorative Clock
Peggie's Music Box
Also visit Faerie Song Art Stamps to see their full line of wonderful stamps!