Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How Exciting This Gazelle Is!

I have learned a few things along the way. First, there is so much information available it can be confusing where to start. So, when you get your Gazelle, first things first, join the Bosskut forum. It has beginning steps and boy have they made my journey clearer. Thank you!

Next thing I learned, the blades for deep cutting and for regular cutting look the same. Read the envelope. LOL! I was using the wrong blade. I changed it, followed instructions and then took to cutting.

Remember how I said that I needed to make the mats stickier? I mixed Aleene’s Tack-It Over with a ratio of 60% glue to 40% water and “painted” it on the mat. Let it dry and it works very well! So then it was time to cut.

First here is a heart doily that is 7 ¼” square. It came out great on the first try. The only problem was when I pulled it off I ripped it a bit. So lesson learned, Cindy be patient and go slowly!
Next I decided to just go for the intricate. Hey, that is a big reason why I purchased my Gazelle. I love those lacy designs!

This picture shows the projects ready to be cut. Quite detailed aren't they?
This shows the cutting settings I used. I know some of you are novices like my self.


This shows the cut items with just the outside removed.

Now to pull off the delicate cut pieces; yes, I had some tiny parts to remove but most stayed on my mat. Yay!

Aren’t they beautiful? By the way, I used cardstock that was not overly thick. One of the tutorials at the forum suggests using a “30” as the knife offset when doing small details.

I am a happy camper! I believe I got most of these designs from the Funtime Yahoo group and/or the Bosskut site.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just received my Gazelle and love it... I think! :D I have lots of .ai files that I have made myself. At last I have managed to find out that .ai files must be saved as .eps, as a an older version Illustrator, v.8. Otherwise the .eps wont open in Funtime.
    Now I'm having problem cutting fine work. After looking at your cuttings I realize that I will have to fiddle a bit more, since it surely is possible to make as intricate cut on the Gazelle, as I made with my old Robo. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exactly right. Thanks for the post. The Gazelle is a little difficult at first, but thank you for the tips. This will help I'm sure. I'm excited to get crafting!

    ReplyDelete