Friday, March 5, 2010

Gazelle Files and Delivery

I had hoped that it would be here for the weekend but that's okay. I have been busy snagging cutting files and converting them for use with the Gazelle.

There are some wonderful folks around the web. I have started a new "Favorite Cutting Sites" links group in the right column. Penny and Paulo offer wonderful and free .svg files. I will add more links as I find them.

Now I had to find how I could use these in my machine so I wrote to Bosskut. I had heard they have great customer support and I got a reply back the very next day:

"To convert your svg files, you will not need any additional programs.
Open the svg file in inkscape, make sure everything is ungrouped, then select everything and "save as" a dxf file.
The dxf file will import into funtime...
Thanks! Terri (Gazelle Tech' Support)"

BTW, Inkscape is a free program you can get online. So many new things to learn! It is a great program and I am sure we will be doing things with it in the future as well. Penny included tutorials as well as cutting files on her site and she is one talented lady. So, take a look around, let me know what cutting sites you find and let's get ready to play!

creatively...

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome! I don't believe I have read through anything like that before. So nice to discover someone with some genuine thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. thank you for starting this up. This website is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!

    Also visit my web blog ... men's
    vestal watches

    ReplyDelete