Monday, February 8, 2010

Everyone seems to be into 3D these days so...

I had to join in. Now I don't get to see most films in 3D, according to the experts I have no depth perception, but really that means my perception is just different than yours. Different isn't always bad now is it? I did once experience a 3d movie, because the screen is so huge at Disney World and the glasses are a better quality, I actually got to see what you all do all the time. I was probably the most excited kid the room (I was only in my 40's after all)!

Lately I have had so many creative ideas storm my brain that I feel I am about to burst. Finally I just told myself to let the other stuff in my life go and get back to what I like to do; Play! I am very glad I listen to my own advice.

Oh yea, back to the 3D, oh how I can ramble... Here is my project of today. I only wish I could get a better picture. Do you see the dimension? I mean how can you miss it? No this isn't a bunch of flowers stacked on each other, well not completely.

I have seen pretty punches that are dimensional in that you can pull up the butterfly's wings, or the sides of a heart. They are nice but they are a little too subtle for me. I love bold! So enter my 3D Pop-Out technique. Hey how'd you do that you ask? Well, it shouldn't be too long before the entire tute is up at Rubber Road Adventures I am working on it now.So keep checking. I will tell you it involves those wonderful dies from Spellbinders!



Here is a more sideways view. Notice how the petals are still attached to the base layer?

You all have to do me a favor and write to Spellbinders and tell them that we need nesting daisy dies, for starters. I have others in mind too and since I know they make these all so well where else would we go?

Don''t forget most of my work is now being shared at Rubber Road Adventures where I am on both the stamping teams and the fairly new Hot Diggity Die Cut Diner. Food and crafting? Hey sounds made just for me right? LOL

Creatively,

Cindy Cade

1 comment: